Sunday, February 3, 2008

Too Quiet!

I feel like I have been dedicating this blog lately to Chase. I really do love my boys equally so I thought I would share some random thoughts about Austin. My favorite time of day is usually in the middle of the day when I've put Chase down for a nap and there is a moment of relaxation. The other day I decided to take some time to myself and watch Pres. Hinckley’s funeral. Austin came into my room and made his usual announcement of having to use the bathroom and proceeded to go into the bathroom in my bedroom. For anybody that watched the funeral knows that it was very touching and can probably understand why it took me ten minutes to realize he was being awfully quiet in the bathroom, too quiet. Any parent with a toddler knows that being "too quiet" usually isn't a good sign. I asked what he was up to and of course his response was "nothing mama." (Translation, "something I don't want you to see".) Of course, at this point, I knew it was time to assess the situation. This is what I found:

You may or may not be able to note the way he shimmered after covering himself in an entire compact of new eye shadow. For some reason he felt like it looked better on his chest than his face. Fortunately I didn't like the eye shadow so it wasn't really a big loss.

The following are just some of his undocumented activities from this week:
  • He emptied out the entire contents of his closet and filled up Chase's crib to the brim
  • Again, he emptied out the entire contents of his closet to build a "beaver dam" in his doorway. This was to keep Chase out of his room.
  • He opened his birthday presents (that I found on an extreme clearance sale) and played with them. Note: his birthday isn't until March.
One of my favorite things is when I am looking for new pictures to post and I run across random pictures that Austin has taken. At times we end up with 50 - 75 pictures of the hall, the floor, etc. But once in a while you run across a gem. A couple of samples of his work:


He obviously likes to keep busy. This is just one of the many reasons why I love him so much. (For any worried grandparents out there, I really do pay attention to my kids. Well, most of the time.)

5 comments:

sarita said...

I love that he opened up his birthday presents! And I know this post is about Austin, but that picture of Chase is so classic! I love his chubby cheeks and cute little teeth.

Jill said...

oh dear oh dear, i would be upset about that eyeshadow! what a funny boy. he looks like an indian going to battle. :)

bonniejean22 said...

lol.. I love it!! That boy is so funny.

Amy said...

Love the post. I can't believe he put that eye shadow all over his tummy, too funny. I laughed so hard while reading about what he does with his toys. I can picture in my mind filling up Chase's crib with his toys. He must have some issues with Chase.

Erica said...

Austin is hillarious!! I love knowing that Brynlee is not the only curious child when it comes to the bathroom. I've had a few toothpaste incidences, I could only imagine what would happen if she found my makeup!