Monday, July 27, 2009

To Do List:

When Austin was in preschool last year they had a special theme for each day of the week. Friday was always known as "Fun Friday." I promised him that we could still have "Fun Friday" all summer long. We usually go to the splash pads with some other friends. The park has something to offer for each of us so it works out well for everyone. Awhile ago Austin presented me with this list of things we needed to do that day: (Note: It was "Fun Friday.") (The first item is Carousel.)
I thought the list was a great idea so we made sure we completed each item on the list.
We started of the day at the pool. The splash pads are so much fun here.
After we changed into dry clothes we went for a ride on the old wood carousel.
This is by far one of Chase's favorite things to do in Des Moines. Thank goodness it only costs $0.50 a ride.
The only thing left on our to do list was the park. Austin was very specific that we had to go to the rocket park.
He loves this slide. It is a little to high and shoots you down a little to fast for my liking. I went down it once when we moved here 2 years ago. I haven't been down since.
We had a fun day. The best part, besides the great company, is we only had to make one stop to get everything done.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

I am so glad to hear that I am not the only adult scared of the rocket slide. Carter and I went down it the other day and I was WAY more afraid than he was! Please add "play date with the James" to your list of things to do!

Jill said...

good man austin. i like a man with goals. :) so cute.

Billy and Nathalie said...

I haven't been around much in Des Moines. Where is this place?

kdance said...

Looks like you guys are having a fun summer! I feel so lame--I don't know any of those places you went to. Wish I had gone to all three places when I lived there. That huge slide rocks!

The Rashall Family said...

How fun! I love that rocket slide it looks like so much fun and I wish we had splash pads. Drave needs to hang out with Austin more because I guarantee he would have never gone down that slide without me. He is a chicken :).

Nikki said...

Kelly! I have been riding the rocket slide since I was a kid! Brings back memories... Austin definitely knows his Des Moines parks b/c that was always my favorite one too. :)