Sunday, June 15, 2008
Looking back
Obviously being Father's Day I've been thinking about my dad a lot. My dad has always been a busy man but I always remember him being there. Whether it was a piano recital, a soccer game, or the small non-speaking part in a school play, my dad was always there. I especially remember when I was in primary and whenever we got the chance to sing in sacrament meeting it was always the same scene. There was my dad out in the congregation, sitting tall with his neck stretched high so that I would see him for sure, with a grin from ear to ear, and a certain sparkle in his eye that always let me know how proud he was for me. When I got older I used to joke about it a little. It is funny how such a little thing is one of my favorite memories of my dad. Today, when Austin went up with the rest of the primary to sing for Father's Day, I found myself sitting up a little taller, stretching my neck up so he would be sure to see me, smiling the cheesiest grin I'm sure, just waiting for him to see me so he would know just by look how proud I am of him. My father has had a lasting impression on me and I am truly grateful for him. I love you dad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey guys! That story was so cute! I have similar memories of singing in the primary. Also, we just wanted to make sure everything is all right in your neck of the woods with the flood and all! Let us know!
That was very special what you wrote about your dad. I bet he loved that! Your such a good daughter!!!!
E ai amigão, tudo bom? Linda a história que vc postou sobre os dias dos pais? Como vc está? Por acaso aconteceu alguma enchente onde vc mora? Let me know...
Post a Comment