Friday, July 25, 2008
Part 3 - Mount Rushmore
I have a list of places I want to visit before I die. (Pretty much if you name the place it will be on my list or it will be added on because I hadn't thought of it yet.) One of those place was Mt. Rushmore. I was really excited that we were going to be driving right past it on our trip home this summer. It was just as amazing as I imagined it. Of course I was a little disappointed that there isn't really a city of gold hiding behind it. Oh well, it was still worth the visit. (Depending on which member of the family you ask.)
If you asked Austin, it was probably the most miserable experience of his life. I had to bribe him with fruit snacks just to get him to smile for a picture.

Towards the end when he knew it was almost time to go and we let him do some "rock climbing", he cheered up. Thank goodness since we still had a 9 hour drive ahead of us.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I want to go to Mount Rushmore... That's funny that Austin thought it was terrible.
I have always wanted to go to Mount Rushmore also! It looks like it is so close to Iowa when you look at a map, but it is really still 10 hours or so away- I don't think I will ever talk my husband into that drive. It looks like you guys had a great time.
Post a Comment