Saturday, November 22, 2008

Update

Chase loves to pretend that he is swimming in the tub. Today while giving Chase a bath he found Austin's swimming goggles. He kept saying, "mommy, swim. Mommy, swim". Until I put them on him. I thought it was pretty funny so I had to grab the camera. They almost fit.
Chase has really started to enjoy coloring. The only problem is that he enjoys drawing on his face more than paper. He's not eating them. He is just carefully coloring his face.
He can color on paper to.
And he is really quite good at it.
I've really loved Austin's pictures lately. He is getting so creative with his drawings. This picture is of him and grandpa K. holding hands.
We love having a backyard to play in. But the leaves are a bit crazy. This is just one of the many, many giant piles we've created.



12 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, you are brave letting your almost 2 year old color with marker. I guess I am just a wimp. I love everything he has in the tub with him....Drew is the same way. Does Chase try to swim in the tub and kick? That is one of Drew's favorites. Austin's picture looked awesome. Lucky you...you get cute pictures to hang on the fridge. I can't wait for that stage. I keep forgetting to call you. I will try on Monday. I love the blanket you made for Kylee. You are so talented!

Kelly said...

Well, I'm not that brave. They are washable and wipe up so easily. Yes I tries do swim, dip his face in(which consists of the tip of his chin)and blow bubbles. Basicly if Austin does something he tries to copy it. He even has to wipe his eyes after he "dips" his face in. Which of course the water never got near. I love this stage.

Haylee Mollerup said...

Those leaves look like so much fun to play in!!! I can't wait to have a backyard to play in with the boys!
Cute post Kelly!!

The Rashall Family said...

Hey chica - I love this time of year and all the leaves! Although I must admit I am glad I didn't have to rake all of those in your backyard :). The boys are so cute and are getting so big. I went through my pictures a week ago and found a bunch of us. Then I realized we met 10 years ago - craziness, but really it feels like I have known you forever! Love ya!

Erica said...

Very cute! I love that stage, too! All those leaves would be so fun to play in, oh how I wish I had a yard!

Chrissy Jo said...

Look at that little boy coloring! I love his picture. I hear you on the leaves. We finally started a compost pile of leaves because I didn't want to spend the money on Compost-It bags. They're beautiful, but they sure make a mess of the yard. :-)

musson said...

That pumpkin idea (from a previous post) is a GREAT idea. I'm gong to look into that next year!
And the bath pictures crack me up with his goggles.

Ashley said...

Love your updates!! Chase and Austin both are getting so big! I seriously remember when Chase was only crawling!! Crazy how time flies! How's the 2nd year going in med school so far? Hopefully you're loving it! We miss you guys!

Carlos said...

Chase is such a character! What a cutie! Looks like you guys are having fun! Happy Thanksgiving you guys!!!! We sure love ya!

Unknown said...

That Chase is so fun! I love his little personality. Then again, Austin is always cracking me up too. Your kids def. don't lack in personality and spunk!

ForteFamily said...

I am so jealous of all your leaves. Looks like fun. We have 2 little trees, but like only 1 handful of leaves. Pathetic! Chase is a stud. He just does his thing and doesn't care. Austin's drawings are really good. Seriously! He draws people like Bryton does. And Chase in the tub is adorable. I love that age! I love seeing the pictures. It really makes me miss you guys. Hope you are doing well. Didn't even get a chance to call you on Thanksgiving. So sorry! Hope you guys had a good one. I will try to call soon. Miss & love ya

Jill said...

chase is a goof, i love him.