Monday, May 4, 2009

Easter

I was really looking forward to Easter weekend this year. Jacob had class from 8-5 on Saturday and again from 8-3 on Sunday so made sure I planned plenty of activities. More first plan was for an Easter egg hunt. I found several friends that were husbandless as well to join me in the fun. I was actually really looking forward to the day. Saturday morning I heard the boys wake up. They were in extra good moods but not coming downstairs on there own. I decided to go up and get them. When I walked in Chase had the biggest smile on his face but his poor eye looked like this:
One look at him and I knew our fun plans had just gotten thrown out the window. I called the doctor and got appointment and of course the only available time was 9:45. The hunt started at 10:00. Fortunately have I have many wonderful friends here and one of them, Erin, was so very kind to go with Austin to the hunt. She was also kind enough to take several pictures for me.
Here are Alec, Austin, and Isaac getting ready for the hunt.
Austin waiting for the hunt to begin for his age group.

Running fast!!!
I obviously wasn't there for this picture but I like to think that Austin was sharing an egg with this kid. (I'm sure that isn't what actually took place.)
Checking out the goods. He scored some good stuff. He keeps asking me, "Mom, remember when I went to the Easter egg hunt with Erin because Bubba had to go the doctor? That was fun."When we got home I put Chase down for his nap. Austin said, "Hey I have a good idea. We can put my candy in our Easter eggs and hide them for Bubba in the backyard." I have to say, it was a very good idea.
Here's Austin preparing his eggs.
When Chase woke up they had so much fun. I was surprised that Austin really wanted Chase to find all the eggs. He made sure Chase picked up every one. He did of course tell him exactly where and when he had to go.



Showing off his eggs.
These are some of my favorite moments as a mother.
What shocked me the most was when they opened up the eggs Austin actually let Chase keep half of his candy.
That was pretty much the end of our Easter celebration. We were planning on a fun dinner with friends on Sunday but I came down with the stomach flu. It ended up lasting for a week and half. Not so much fun.
I just have to say thanks again Erin. Austin had a great time.

4 comments:

Haylee Mollerup said...

What a sweet boy to want to create a easter egg hunt for his little brother that didn't get to go.....and to share his candy!! That's got to make you feel good as a mom!
I, also, LOVE those moments when Chase and Erik walk with their arms around each other like the picture of Austin and Chase. SO SWEET....MELT YOUR HEART MOMENTS!

Jill said...

oh poor chaser. his eye ain't lookin' so good. and i really think that is the sweetest thing for austin to make an egg hunt for chase. love them.

Amy said...

EWWW the flu. That is horrible. And it took a week and a half, even worse. Glad you are finally feeling better.

Matt and Erin said...

Umm, I'm pretty sure the only reason Austin remembers I was at the Easter Egg Hunt is because I encouraged him to get as many Easter eggs as possible. Oops! :) (Note to self, don't encourage kids to get more than the alotted amount--or at least do it discreatly.) And Austin really was sharing an egg with that kid in the picture.