November 3, 2010
(Continued from previous post.)
The rest of the day wasn't so bad but by that night I started to doubt how on earth am I going to make it two more weeks. Jacob had had an interview that morning but was done by about 1:00 so we had spent most of the day chatting off and on. He always has a way of making me feel better. Around 9:00 I was finally finishing up our dinner dishes when I heard a knock on the front door. I always get a little paranoid when I'm home by myself and someone unexpectedly drops by. I have a very over active imagination. I peaked out the window to see who was there but they were standing just out off my distance. I checked to see if there was a car I would recognize but the street was just a little too dark. I finally decided to get the courage up and open the door. To my great surprise this guy was standing on the other side!!! (Not Chase.)
I don't think I have ever been so excited. Right after his interview he jumped in the car and drove 8 1/2 hours to surprise us. The boys were just as excited to wake up to find their daddy in the morning. We had so much fun spending Thursday together and Friday Jacob was able to have lunch at school with Austin before heading back to Oklahoma City. It was a short visit be just enough to give me the boost I needed to get through these next two weeks.
I just have to say how grateful I am for a husband who is so aware of my needs even when he is so far away. Even though the past few years have been so demanding for him he has always made sure we are his top priority. I'm so grateful to be married to man that loves me so much and works so hard for our family. Even with his crazy schedules and long hours he's had these past few years I have never felt like we took second.
I love you hon and see you in two short weeks!!!
6 comments:
This post made me so very happy! I loved the ending! Jake is such a great dad and husband.
I can't wait til Jake can be home to stay. I hope your baby boy can wait that long, too!
You're a lucky woman. And hopefully the next few months will smooth out and you'll have him home to help out when your new little man makes his debut. Here's to hoping the next 2 weeks fly by!
He is an amazing hubby! Just come back to the west so we can live closer and see you more.
I feel for you. The last few weeks of pregnancy without Nate were so hard. I never want to relive that experience again. And since I seem to be super emotional these days I totally cried when I read this post. Good luck with the next few weeks. I am glad you have such a good hubby!
I love it. I love it all. Seriously, I almost cried reading this, and I heard the story from you on the phone Friday! So sweet. So perfect.
that is the sweetest thing i have heard. how are you doing?
Post a Comment