I stole this off Jill and Brad's blog but I thought it would be fun for all our new friends to get to know us a little better.
1. Where did you meet your husband? We met in 1999 at the MTC. We were in the same district, called to the same mission, and our desks were right next to each other in class. No, we were not smitten. About six months after Jacob got home he was in Logan with a friend and looked me up to say hi and catch up.
2. What was the first thing you said to your husband? I have no clue. I asked Jacob what I said and he didn't remember either so I don't feel bad.
3. Where was your first date? Our first date was half hanging out and half date. We started the day hanging out with another MTC friend. We were all good friends so it was fun. We went to the Gateway hung out. Later we picked up our friends date. I had fun laughing as the boys talked in Portuguese to try and hide the fact that they had planned nothing. We ended up getting pizza from the Pi in Salt Lake. Then they decided to crash a prom at the Capital Building(still haven't figured that one out). Fortunately that didn't last long. After we watched a movie. Looking back it was kind of a lame date but we had fun.
4. Where was your first kiss? While driving a car he leaned over and kissed me. (Seriously, looking back, Jacob were was the romance????)
5. Did you have a long or short courtship/engagement? We dated for a year before we were married.
6. Where did you get engaged? This was one of our few fun dates. Jacob took me to Park City for the day. We went shopping at the outlets and he spoiled me with gifts. Later we went into the city and had dinner. We just had a wonderful day enjoying one another company. We drove back through Provo Canyon. On the drive down he turned down a side road because he said he wanted to show a place he would for family parties. The night was beautiful. It was January and so there was white snow everywhere, the sky was clear and full of stars. We stopped at a cabin and sat out on the porch swing, it was freezing cold and Jacob was shaking so bad. I didn't realize he was just nervous. Anyway, he popped the question, I said yes. It was perfect.
7. Where were you married? Logan
8. How did your reception go? It was really nice. We had a simple open house right after the wedding and had a more formal reception a week later. We had a lot of fun.
9. How was your honeymoon? Our honeymoon was more of a road trip to our reception. We had a lot of fun. We stayed in a condo on Coeur D'Alene lake in ID for a night and we also stayed for a few days in a Cabin on another lake in Canada. We had so much fun spending time together. We both worked full-time and Jacob was a full-time student so it was nice to have so much time to spend together.
10. Extra info.... We have been married now for 4 1/2 years and loving every minute. We can't wait until the day we can go back to Brazil together or anywhere else in the world for that matter.
7 comments:
I had no idea you served a mission, or in the same mission as Jake? How fun! Where in Brazil did you go? Logan went to Rio De Janero (sp?)
I LOVED reading this. I'm sure I looked really cool at work smiling/laughing at the computer...thanks for the welcomed distraction! =)
Brazil PARTY!!!!
I love these! I still can't really picture how Jake kissed you while driving the car...that's talent.
This was tons of fun to read. Thanks Kelly! Matt and I didn't master kissing while driving until many months after our first one! (Making out while driving has now stopped...I'm scared we'll wreck. But it was fun while it lasted):)
yeah! i'm so glad you considered yourself tagged - that was so fun to read.
What's up with these boys kissing while driving. Ryan did that to me too, but it wasn't our first kiss. When you guys go back to Brazil, we get to come too! We would love to go again. But this time I would have more friends to talk to in English! Wait, so did you know Ryan on your mission or after the mission?
Okay, so did you go to USU, or are you just from Logan? I can't remember if you told me. I LOVE Logan. Go Aggies!
Karin :)
Post a Comment