Here in Iowa, or at least Des Moines. The kids go trick-or-treating on the night before Halloween. It really works out great because now we can just enjoy all the Halloween parties on Friday.
This is a picture of the boys all ready to go out. Chase is a lion. Austin is a fireman, again. He also informed me tonight, the he will be a fireman again next year But he will need a new hose.
They really expect you to know some good tricks or jokes to get candy here. I thought I would have to help him out but he came up with them all on his own. He rotated between, "Why does an onion cross the road? To get to the other side." and " Why does a penguin cross the road? To eat the onion." Most people weren't sure how to respond to his jokes. But we thought they were great.
Chase and daddy. He decided early on that it was just to much work to walk from house to house.
My little fireman. (Yes, I do realize that this is the 50th picture of him in the costume on this blog. Let's just say, I've really gotten my moneys worth out of this purchase.) Notice his treat bag is clipped to his jacket. After a couple of houses he decided it was to heavy to carry and figured out a way to hook it to his jacket.
My little lion. He even learned how to say trick or treat. It was really cute. He really didn't want to wear this costume but as soon as I told him he would get some candy he was all for it.
8 comments:
Happy Halloween! I'm happy too that here in Iowa they have Beggars Night--so that I can hang out with you tonight! Hopefully...you guys are going to the Ward Party right?
Happy Halloween!! Austin and Chase look sooo cute! I love it that Austin enjoys his firefighter costume so much! Those were some great jokes he came up with! That little lion costume is adorable!
Cute costumes. That is nice that you go trick or treating the night before. It looks really cold there...I am a little jealous because we are still in the 90's!
Love your last few posts! It had been awhile! ;) Your boys look cute in their costumes! I'm glad you guys had a Happy Halloween!!!
Cute costumes! It looks lilke you guys had a great Halloween. I love the face decorations on your pumpkins- those are definitely more kid-friendly than the traditional carved pumpkin. I also like the idea of Beggar's night- but we never seem to do anything when it is actually Halloween!
Super cute! I love the little lion, and Austin's costume is super cute! He is a very resourceful guy.
ADORABLE. I love both costumes. Kids make Halloween so much fun.
ADORABLE. I love both costumes. Kids make Halloween so much fun.
Post a Comment