Saturday, February 28, 2009

I'm a big boy!

This past week we had a very monumental event happen. No, I didn't potty train Chase. I'm hoping he will miraculously do that on his own. (I know, I live in a dream world.) Chase moved out of his crib and into his very own big boy bed or as Chase likes to call it, "Bubba's Austy bed." A few weeks ago Chase discovered he could crawl out of his crib. The problem, once he got over the bar he couldn't make the smooth transition to sliding down the outside. The result, Chase clinging for dear life, upside down, with his foot stuck and twisted inside the railing. This is when I decided it was time to move out. This week the boys both got new mattresses and we put together Chase's bed. The boys were great helpers. Here is Chase trying to give daddy a piece of the bed.
Austin was also a great help. (Side note: if you look closely you can see Austin's latest hairstyle. Once again he decided to give himself a little trim.)

Above: Here is Austin modeling Chase's new bed.
Below: Here is Austin modeling his own bed.


Finally, the big boy. He was all smiles when he finally got to give it a try. I was worried with how we would get him to actually stay in it so we left his crib up. That night when I tucked him in I told him if he got out of his bed we would put him back in the crib, gave him a kiss good night and left the room. I was sure I would be making several trips upstairs to put him back to bed but every few minutes I would hear Austin say, "No Bubba, if you get out mommy will put you in your crib." Then Bubba would say, "okay" and lay back down.


We are on day three with the new bed and besides night one, were he was up from 2-5 in the morning, he has slept like an angel. Even his naps have been great. The only thing I find funny is when he wakes up in the morning he still yells for me and waits patiently for me to come upstairs to get him. (I think he is worried that if he gets out I will make him sleep in his crib.)

9 comments:

Bradley said...

Awesome. Chase is really moving up in the world. Way to go bubba!

shauni said...

What a big step, I am impressed that he didn't try to get out of bed- way to go Chase! I love their sheets and bedspreads, they are so cute. I also love the blue accent wall, very nice!

Carlos said...

Wow! Your boys are really growing up! Yea for Chase! That part about him still waiting for you to come get him is super funny!

Matt and Erin said...

I can't believe Chase has gotten so old! The bedding is so cute, by the way. I love it that Chase stays in bed in the mornings and waits for you to come get him. Haha! Love it!

Chrissy Jo said...

That is awesome. What a big boy! The fact that he waits for you in the morning is precious... in fact if I knew Alec would wait for me I would probably consider moving him to a big boy bed too! I love that your kids have such cute matching quilts and sheets. Adorable!

Ashley said...

What a funny story, oh we miss your fam!! And I have missed out on your blog, I have so many posts to catch up on - I love it! Nothing like a little work distraction!! Tell Jake we say hi!

Anonymous said...

Your boys are so dang cute! I love their little beds, they look so comfy! I think that Chase and Wyatt kind of look alike. Hope guys are doing great!

Jill said...

I looked at these while in UT with Kellie, she can't believe how bit your boys are!

ForteFamily said...

I like the bed set up! Can't believe that Chase is already in a big bed. Way to go!!!! It makes me laugh that Austin is like the bed police, telling Chase to get back in his bed. So cute and big brotherish! Your boys are adorable! Miss you guys!